‘The Rock’ meets with students while filming his new movie on campus

Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson was on campus filming this morning and met with some lucky — and very excited — students.

Tears and all. Bottom line, I’m a grateful and lucky SOB to have the greatest fans on earth. Time is my most valued currency these days and I’m always on the go, so I appreciate these students (or anyone for that matter) taking time out of their busy lives to wait patiently for hours while I finished up our #SkyscraperMovie production on the campus of University of British Columbia. I just love my guy in the back of the group jumping up and down like he just slammed a Rock size amount of caffeine and tequila. Good to meet y’all. Keep working hard in school and don’t be like Uncle DJ and get placed on academic probation after his first semester in college. ***editors note: for the record, Uncle DJ bounced back and became Academic Captain two years later of our beloved Miami Hurricane football team. #UBCLuv #TheU ??

A post shared by therock (@therock) on

I won’t go on about how much I love the man, but one of the first movies I ever cried at was The Game Plan, so needless to say, Dwanye Johnson, you’ve got my heart.

Johnson is in Vancouver filming for his new movie, Skyscraper, which is described “as a hostage-action-thriller set in China,” according to the IMDb page.

Earlier this year, Johnny Depp was filming on campus and caused quite the commotion with noise around residence, but it seems that students are more than happy to welcome The Rock to UBC.

It’s not confirmed how long Johnson will be here for — in Vancouver or on campus — so keep your eyes peeled and for God’s sake, let me know if he’s back.