Where to get the Absolut cheapest alcohol close to campus

Whether we proudly admit it or not, a lot of us spend our weekends partying or drinking with friends. However, the amount of money we spend on alcohol is oftentimes outrageous. We find ourselves at a bar and after just a few drinks have spent over $50 and at the end of the month, have racked up hundreds of dollars just spent on booze.

For the purpose of this article we travelled to five different liquor stores that are within close distance of UBC. For consistency, we scouted the prices of a 750 mL bottle of Absolut Vodka as a reflection of the prices of every store. Get drunk before you go out for the night! It's the budget-friendly way of drinking.

While you may only save $5.49 if you make the switch, that's still a Timmy's extra-large coffee and bagel for your hangover the next day — with change.

Kitsilano Liquor Store

If you like beer, this is a good place to try out. They have everything from artisan beer to pumpkin-flavoured liquor. They also feature different craft breweries and do giveaways — and if students love one thing it's free alcohol.

Absolut Vodka 750 ml $29.48

Darby’s Liquor Store

Darby's is both a liquor store and a bar, so whether you're looking for a place to sit down and order some food or head off to a party with a bottle of wine, Darby's is a great place to pick your poison. They also offer more options than a lot of liquor stores and have a delivery service, so keep this if you're running late to meet your friends!

Absolut Vodka 750 ml $28.30

University Village Liquor Store

This liquor store might be the closest one, since it’s only a five minute walk from the Nest and right by the bus loop. However, it is also one of the more expensive ones and has very little variety. Unless you know exactly what you want and know that they sell it, this liquor store may not be the best option.

Absolut Vodka 750 ml - $27.65

Liquor Depot

Liquor Depot is the second cheapest option we found and one of the best-stocked in terms of variety. It's kind of like the Home Depot for liquor — a much better Depot in my opinion.

Absolut Vodka 750 ml $25.99

BC Liquor Store at UBC Wesbrook Village

If you’re looking for booze, BC Liquor Store is probably your best bet. It’s about a 20-minute walk from campus or you can get there by bus. Plus, they have the widest variety of tequila and if that's not a feat in itself, I don't know what is. There's also a Save-On Foods across the street for all your post-drinking treats.

Absolut Vodka 750 ml - $23.99

As expensive as the BC Liquor stores seems, it is the best option if you don’t want to go off campus or break the bank. As a chain store, it has a very wide variety of wine, hard liquor and beer and getting there is very easy, whether you’re living on or off campus.