Donate blood tomorrow at Totem Park Residence

Looking for a purposeful way to fill that annoying 70-minute gap between your classes? You're in luck — tomorrow, October 13, is the annual Totem Park Residence Blood Drive.

Donations take no longer than 15 minutes. You have no excuse for saying you're too busy because the blood drive will run from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Unless you have classes all day long or have a fear of blood or needles (totally understandable!), definitely try to make an effort to show up! Not only are you getting to enjoy free cookies and juice, you’re also helping out a lot of Canadians.

Half of all Canadians will need blood or know someone who needs blood in their lifetime. You can book your donation online to insure that you get to help, but some drop-ins are also welcome. Donating blood will likely never be more convenient — I'm especially looking at you residents of T-Park.

If you are unsure whether you’re eligible to donate, then check out the Canadian Blood Services’ website and take the eligibility quiz. But as long as you are over 17, weigh more than 110 pounds and haven’t travelled outside of Canada or the US for the last 12 months, you should be fine.

Bring your friends — they can hold your hand if you get nervous — and try to make some time for a noble cause tomorrow.