From the Cult: VP administration interviews

You've got the drill by now! We asked your VP administration candidates the questions that matter. If you’re looking for real facts, head over to the news section.

Responses were edited for brevity and clarity.

Ian Caguiat

What song describes your college experience?

Well, one of the songs that was released by Shawn Mendes and I got to listen to at his concert is called “Dream.” It’s a bit of a cliché but that would probably be my university song because I did not even dream to be running for VP admin, and yet I’m doing it now.

Where do you get your groceries?

I live in Gage and sometimes when I don’t have the time to go to an actual grocery [store], I would go to the Gage Market to get some stuff from there. But if not I have to go to Walmart, but my dad drives me to Walmart to get my groceries.

What is the first thing you’d do in the apocalypse?

I would call my mom and tell her I love her, and then I will probably get something to eat … something like Korean fried chicken.

What is your favourite class you’ve taken so far?

Probably Sociology 102 in my first year. I took the class with some of my friends .. it was very enriching, and I learned a lot about sociology and how society works in my very first year. So I think it is a big influence for how I do my work.

Are you more of a sudoku or crossword type of person?

Sudoku pisses me off so I’m more of a crossword type of person, although I am fairly interested in both. But Sudoku pisses me off because of the numbers, and sometimes they don't add up. So I always go with crosswords for easiness.

Jake Sawatzky

I saw ODESZA live sometime this year, and they had such amazing stage performance there, and so one of their songs is called “Late Night” … I often tend to be up quite late into the night working and sometimes at events, and the song “Late Night” by ODESZA really resonates.

Where do you get your groceries?

There’s a nice little store right behind where I stay and it’s kind of a local place mostly for produce and lots of other little snacks and stuff. I like eating irregular snacks that aren’t in stores much, so when I see something new that I haven’t tried before I usually go for that.

Make sure all of my friends are okay. Assuming the cell network is still up, I’d definitely be texting my mom and dad for sure, and just checking in. After that, geez, make sure you get some food?

PSYC 462: Drugs and Behaviour. Essentially it feels like the epitome of my neuroscience degree because it uses all of the biochemistry and even physics and organic chemistry, and applies it all towards how drugs affect the brain … That is such an interesting topic to me and I really loved learning about it.

I’d say probably more crosswords. Just because if I’m getting some leisure time, I don’t really want to have to think about numbers. I like both, my grandma used to play a lot of sudoku with me back in the day, but honestly I think crossword is probably more of a hang out and relax kind of game.

Anuoluwapo Awotunde

“Moments We Live For,” [it’s] a song by In Paradise.

Where do you get your groceries?

I shop at No Frills.

I’d try to be a hero or just run away.

Only nerds have favourite classes. But scrap that, I’d say pretty much my pharmacy seminar course.

Why don’t we have Candy Crush in the options though … I’m more of a crossword kind of person.

Chayan Lu

“These Heights” [by Bassjackers ft. Caroline Pennell] … I remember there’s some lyrics inside it: “Good life with a couple bad times / A million mistakes, but we made it out fine.”

I just attended to university for one month because the last year my student visa was rejected twice … I started my university life from this February, but I just made this crazy decision for [running] as a VP admin, so I have experienced a lot during this process, but I really love it. So that's why I chose this song.

Where do you get your groceries?

Probably H-Mart.

I will try to isolate myself from the outside so that I can give myself a time to calm myself down and then I’ll just put my earphones on and play the music that I really like.

I’m not really lucky, [because of] registration stuff I only have three courses this year, but I think I will say Psychology [102].

I have never tried these things before.

Anvi Kumar

Probably “Bad Habits” [by Ed Sheeran] … Because I hate that song, though the song title describes my experience.

Where do you get your groceries?

Fruiticana, it’s an Indian store on Fraser [street.] cap

Probably like rob a grocery store or something. Stock up on supplies.

I really enjoyed Japanese Cinema and also a student-directed course that I took which was called History of South Asia Post-Colonization.

I’m a none person — but I would say crosswords because numbers are not my thing.

From the Cult is The Ubyssey’s unofficial humour AMS Election coverage. For official elections coverage, visit the news section.