A Reddit post by user bekibo has brought to light what many residents already knew — both of Marine 5's Otis-brand elevators were out of service for four days.
The residents were none too pleased and one decided to take direct (if extremely passive-aggressive) action by posting a printed-out story about Japan's quick response time when it comes to infrastructure mishaps of a much grander scale.
For context, here are a few stories The Ubyssey has written about elevators recently:
- Ponderosa elevator gets stuck, “free falls” one floor
- Ponderosa Maple house elevator experiences a "fall"
- Last Words: Elevators shouldn't be this terrifying
- Housing responds to concerns about Ponderosa maintenance
- Last Words: Ponderosa problems
- The Ponderosa Commons elevator is broken — again.
Though the elevators were fixed today, the damage has been done to Otis's Facebook page, which has since been hit with a slew of negative reviews, like this one:
Here's hoping the university and Otis are able to elevate their service to students.