Pokémon GO chauffeurs and other odd Craigslist adverts

If you’re driving around campus, watch out for unsuspecting pedestrians crossing University Boulevard and Wesbrook Mall staring at their smartphones. The amount of Pokémon at UBC is almost too good to pass up! But if you’re having trouble catching ’em on your own, fear not, help is here!

One UBC student decided to offer their services as a driver for $25 per hour to not only help you catch all the Pokémon your heart could desire, but also to help raise money for the BC Cancer Foundation. In their advert, the driver also promises to have a selection of bottled water, soft drinks and snacks available. Catching Pokémon sure builds up an appetite!

Another UBC alumni is offering to chauffeur you in his brand new Benz for $25 per hour and will pick you up and drop you off anywhere in the UBC/Dunbar area! This offer features extra external battery packs and cables for both Samsungs and iPhones to keep your device charged.

Most locals, however, are really just about making a quick buck from this massively successful app. Some Vancouverites have decided to take to Craigslist and offer driving services in their luxury sports cars or even in a SUV limousine to host a Poké-party, which usually run for about $20-30 per hour per person.

Additional Craigslist posts that are notable are those that are selling high-level accounts for up to $750 and others that are running “catching services,” charging $175 per Bulbasaur or Squirtle evolution within one to two days. The in-app purchases are pricey enough, so this only begs the question — how much would you pay to be the ultimate Pokémon master?