The starving student: Best take-out and delivery near campus

If you don’t already live off take-out and delivery, you’re about to. I’m sorry to tell you, fellow UBCers, that exam season and term papers are right around the corner. While I encourage you to try and take a break to make yourself a decent meal, take-out and delivery are viable options if you’re really in the lurch.

Check out the list below for the best places to grab take-out or delivery on or near campus:

Pizza

Obviously, Domino's comes to mind. Download the app and use their coupon option to get the best deals. They have many to choose from and there is always one that will fit what you’re looking for. The app also has a tracking system so that you know if your pizza is in the oven or on its way! PSA to all those with a food plan: You can pay with your student card. Domino's does delivery and take-out.

Comfort food

If you're looking for comfort food, Burgoo Bistro is the place to be. From cheese fondue, to sandwiches and soup, to macaroni and cheese, Burgoo has it all for a relatively good price. The closest location is in Point Grey and is just two stops away using the 99 bus from campus. I would personally recommend the Fondue-mental — not only is it delicious, but who isn't a sucker for a good pun? 

Sushi

Just off campus in West Point Grey are two little sushi shops — Hime and Sun Sushi. Hime does take-out and delivery, while Sun Sushi just does take-out. However, if you’re looking for something cheap, Sun Sushi is the place to be — all you need is a $10 bill and you’ll be set.

Breakfast

For all you early risers that make it to the library before the sun comes up, Jethro's is an excellent choice for breakfast on the go. Their French toast is basically a loaf of bread and their pancakes are bigger than their plates. The small diner is usually jam-packed even on the weekdays, so I would recommend getting there as early as possible. Pro-tip: Try everything on the menu — there are no bad choices at Jethro’s.

Thai

Thai Basil's stacked menu will leave you potentially in a food coma, but I figure that it’s better than a “stressed-from-school” coma. Most of their meals are below $10, but for delivery, you need a minimum of $25. Don’t even try and tell me that you’ve never bought more food to meet a delivery requirement because I will not believe you. Just find some friends to order with or plan for two meals. While Thai Basil does take-out, it’s important to note that it's a little further from campus than most are likely willing to go.

Luckily, we go to school in Vancouver, which has a great local food scene. Although this is a small list, there are many other options off-campus for delivery and take-out just a few 99 bus stops away.