Virtuous Pie is giving out free ice cream in honour of International Women’s Day

If you don’t already know, March 8 is International Women’s Day, where the world celebrates all of the successful, influential and powerful women around the globe.

Typically, most of the celebration centres around social media posts, but Virtuous Pie is taking on a new angle with their festivities by giving away free ice cream when you visit their store.

For those of you if haven’t yet tried the new hot spot on campus, it is definitely the best time to go check it out.

Today is International Womens Day and in honour of our past, present and future women who have never never let fear stand in the way of what they stand for, shaking things up, and fighting for their rights and equality, we want to share some love with all self-identifying women with ?FREE SCOOPS OF ICE CREAM? when you join us in store today. . . In addition, we will be donating a portion of sales today to the inspiring WEDO organization – so come and eat your heart out! . If you haven’t heard of WEDO, here is a bit about what they stand for, including a link below to learn more on their website. . . VISION & MISSION. As a global women’s advocacy organization, WEDO envisions a just world that promotes and protects human rights, gender equality and the integrity of the environment. . . MISSION. To contribute toward its vision for the world, WEDO’s mission is to ensure that women’s rights; social, economic and environmental justice; and sustainable development principles-as well as the linkages between them-are at the heart of global and national policies, programs and practices. . . LEARN MORE: http://wedo.org . . Lastly, take in the powerful words of @rupikaur_ to carry with you throughout your day and never forget…"YOU ARE SO MUCH MORE THAN THAT."

A post shared by Virtuous Pie (@virtuous_pie) on

“In addition, we will be donating a portion of sales today to the inspiring WEDO organization — so come and eat your heart out!” reads their Instagram caption, so if the free ice cream doesn’t inspire you, this charitable donation should.

Enjoy your pizza, ice cream and all the women in your life today and every day — because all three are always something to celebrate.