Where to celebrate Halloween at UBC this week

Maybe you’ve been too busy with midterms to notice that October 31 is quickly approaching. Or maybe you’re that person who never makes any plans and just follows the crowd walking to the Frat Village every year. Either way, here is your guide to partying at UBC this Halloween.

Frat Halloween 

If you’re looking for a frat party this Halloween, you’re in luck. FIJI is throwing their annual Halloween party on Friday, October 28. There will be an all-ages party at the house and a 19+ gathering at the Alexander in Gastown. Tickets are $15 for both events. Grab your most risqué cat costume and have a blast. 

If you love creepy clowns jumping out at you, you’re also in luck. Join the Sigma Chi brothers for a philanthropic Halloween. They’re hosting a carnival-themed haunted house on all three levels of Sigma Chi to benefit BC Children’s Hospital on October 27 and 28, from 6–10 p.m. Entrance is a minimum $5 donation at the door. 

AMS Scream: Nightmare at the Nest

First-years, rejoice! The AMS is hosting an all-ages party in the Great Hall of the Nest on Friday, October 28. The event promises loud music and a costume contest, so try to be more imaginative than a sheet with two eyeholes cut out.

There will be a simultaneous 19+ party in the “dungeon” (a.k.a. the Pit Pub) where all the 19-year-olds can do 19-year-old things. Tier 2 tickets for both events are on sale now for $20.

The Calendar’s Halloween parties

The Calendar’s 19+ Halloween party is at Koerner’s Pub on October 28. There will be traditional Halloween games like bobbing for apples on the patio and two DJ stages — one for EDM fans and the other for screaming along to the top 40. 

Continue Halloween weekend on Saturday night with The Calendar. The group is also hosting an all-ages event at the Nest in the Great Hall. The theme is “cursed mansion,” and the event promises “UBC’s sickest DJs,” creepy decorations and an overall crazy night. Both events say “sold out” on Facebook, but rumour has it that some reps still have tickets — use your connections to game the system. 

Halloween Howler Club Crawl

This club crawl isn’t thrown by UBC, but one of the starting locations is the Pit Pub. Here, $26 buys you party bus transportation, no lines at any of the venues, prizes, costume contests and “enthusiastic party hosts.” The event takes place at multiple clubs on both Friday and Saturday, and the company “absolutely guarantees that you will have the time of your life!”