The best places to karaoke in Vancouver

Whether you’re secretly Beyoncé in the making or have had one too many and want to try something new, karaoke nights are for you. Vancouver is a lively city, filled with numerous karaoke locations for every type of individual and music style.

Here are a few of the most notable locations:

Fantacity Karaoke

1133 Robson Street (Every day, 2:00 p.m. until 1:00 a.m.)

If you’re not quite skilled enough — or drunk enough — to belt out childhood favourites in public, this is the place for you and your friends.

Though it’s been noted to be more on the expensive side, the comfort of having your own space makes up for the semi-overpriced drinks and appetizers that are readily available for order. Find a larger group and call ahead if you want to book a reservation for this location!

HHK at Fortune Sound

147 East Pender Street (Fridays & Saturdays 10:00 p.m.)

Fortune Sound Club is notorious for its bass boosting, rap-filled music with semi-incomprehensible lyrics. If you feel up to the challenge of rapping along to some of these, come to HHK.

Located in the actual club, there are two rooms filled with purple neon lights and giant screens to help you read the speediest lyrics. The best part: you’re in a club. If you don’t want to hear those awful high notes, no one else can hear you either! Or if you want to take a break, the dance floor is only 10 feet away.

This place definitely holds a unique vibe from traditional karaoke, so if you’re feeling like something different, check it out. Try to get on guest list, as normal cover will be charged at the door.

Studio Lounge

919 Granville Street (Mondays at 10:00 p.m.)

Unlike the usual lounges and nightclubs, Studio offers a specific night for all karaoke enthusiasts. As the name suggests, music is a top priority for this location. Even if you want to come alone, there is no need to worry as other locals will be there just to sing too. Any genre of music is okay — modern radio jams to those classic oldies are perfectly acceptable. In fact, even challenge yourself to a duet. This event is free too.

The Cobalt

917 Main Street (Mondays 9:00 p.m.)

The rustic setting of this bar instantly makes people feel comfortable. Monday nights are known for their popular karaoke events — so come early to ensure a space.

There is no cover charge, and drink specials allow even students to come have maybe one too many. A wide range of songs are available with an even more expansive selection of local craft beers to fill your heart. It’s truly a local hub, so come experience this atmosphere.

Funky Winker Beans

37 West Hastings Street (Every night at 9:00 p.m.)

This location makes music its reputation. Hosting karaoke every night of the week, it allows those looking to exercise their pipes to choose from a wide range of options.

Metal Mondays to Throwback ’90s Thursdays allow a large demographic to be enticed by this bar. Free cover and low prices will make any night fun. Though a bit off of the main downtown grid, the extra few blocks will be worth it.