Chef Challenge 2016 comes with beer!

Coming to campus on Thursday, June 21, Chef Challenge 2016 pits local chefs against each other as they cater to the hearts and stomachs of an expert panel of judges and welcomed guests.

The roster of competitors has nearly doubled in size since last year’s event, now consisting of representatives from AMS Conferences and Catering, BierCraft, Koerner’s Pub, Point Grill and Sage Bistro. The competing chefs will be pairing their savoury dishes with craft beer provided by Driftwood Brewery. 

Of course, an event like this would not be complete without an appearance by UBC Farm, who will be discussing growing hops and how one can make a sustainable and delectable craft brew.

The event is set to be held at the amphitheater on Main Mall and Thunderbird Boulevard beginning at 4:30 p.m. and spanning until about 7 p.m. Live music will also be present for all your tipsy-dancing needs as you indulge yourself in the evening. 

A limited amount of tickets are available online priced at $15 for students; $18 for staff, faculty, alumni and UNA residents; $20 for the general public and $5 for children older than two.  Regular tickets include entry to the event as well as local and craft beer samples while the children’s tickets grant event entry and a healthy kids meal. If the beer samples warrant an interest in a full pint, additional beverages are available for cash purchase. Unfortunately, no tickets will be available at the door, so those wishing to attend will have to purchase their tickets online before they are all sold out.