From the Cult: BoG interviews

The Board of Governors is a very fancy institution that reports to the provincial government, but who wants to live in an institution? These candidates apparently! We asked them some questions to see if the can act like normal 'not reporting to the provincial government' people.

Candidates Max Holmes and Awais Quadre did not participate in the interview.

Dylan Braam

How late is too late to walk in on an hour long class?
One minute per person in the class

What song best captures the feeling of being in love?
This question is the reason I sent this in late. Call Me Maybe - CRJ.

Describe the worst haircut you’ve ever had.
I shaved my head completely and I looked like an alien.

How long is too long to own a pair of shoes?
It's never too long if they fit and they still look presentable.

Do you think you could beat me (Thomas O'Donnell) in a game of Connect 4?
Knowing full well I'm going it regret this... let's go with yes.

Off the top of your head and without looking it up, could you direct me to the landscape architecture building?
I'd plead the fifth but that isn't a thing in Canada.

How many whales have you seen in your life?
At least 4.

Can you skateboard?
No. But I did own a skateboard growing up. Me and my siblings would just sit on it and roll down our driveway really fast onto the street. Super safe!

What was your high school mascot?
We were the Seyhawks. He used the Seattle Seahawks logo but spelt it with a "Y". That's probably not illegal right?

Jeanie Malone

I feel like I generally give up at the 20 minute point, but it depends a bit on the class… I’ve definitely had profs that call students out who walk in even 5 minutes late. But sometimes any learning is better than none, so I generally play it by ear.

What song that best captures the feeling of being in love?
“I won’t say (I’m in love)” – the Hercules soundtrack

I cut my own hair! This began after I got a huge chunk of paint in my hair after painting the Cairn, and needed to do some emergency removal. That was definitely my worst haircut; I think I have improved since then.

Determined solely on the amount of shoe still attached together. I think you just gotta have a bottom and some way in which it is still affixed to the foot.

I believe I may have already done this? Did we play Big Connect 4 in the Gal at a candidate session last year? Did I win? Does anyone remember the past??? Was it all a dream???

I’m 90% sure I could do this – but if you asked me to find literally anything in Buchanan I would probably be lost for at least 15 minutes. I always go in one side and try to get to a different wing and end up stuck. How do B and C connect? And WHAT is up with E? I am but a poor engineering student, completely lost in arts buildings.

Guesstimate: 10. I’ve definitely seen a few pods from the ferry, and I loved the aquarium as a kid. And I feel like whenever folks came to visit from out of town we would end up on one of those whale watching tours? I dunno man, I grew up in Steveston and spent a lot of time selling sardines on the docks as a youth, so I feel like whales are kind of just part of the historic fishing village vibe.

Can you skateboard?
0/10 skateboarding skill

What was your high school mascot?
The McMath Wildcats. At some point after I graduated they painted very large and frightening cougars/bobcats all around the gym? They are very bi-