Letter of Love: Cottagecore future

Dear Milada,

By the time you get this letter, you have already made it. You have done it. You have ticked every box on your wishlist, pulled through each all-nighter and finally learned to save your writing drafts.

You are no longer celebrating Valentine's Day alone, staring into the void you know as your screen, your partner in crime. Waiting five years to spend Valentine’s Day together seemed like forever, yet here you are.

Don't forget to wake up early and make them your souffle omelet; it's their favourite. Whisk the egg whites first, then add the yolks. I bet your kitchen looks like one of those cottagecore interior design posts you'd scroll through for hours. Shoot, maybe you even live in one of those cottages.

Spend the day writing them poetry; you can use this poem if you want:

Roses are red

Violets are blue

The life I dread

has now gone through

an old burgundy Cadillac

who lies alone

in fire,

broken.

I've compiled stay-in date ideas using the composition notebook they gave us when we first met. Just land your finger on a page, and make it come to life. No matter the date you land on, you are required to cover the house (cottage?) head to toe with candles. They adore the scent 'Midsummer Night.' It has some nice notes of Patchouli but practically smells like French cologne. You love it too.

Enjoy it. Make it unforgettable. Make it just the way you want it. Cherish yourself, stop telling yourself that you'll enjoy the moment in the near future, whenever you finish whatever you are on currently. Just go for it, don't disappoint me.

I'll let you go for now, but as soon as I finish making this omelette, I expect to hear all about it!

Yours truly,

Milada