Just in time for Halloween, the UBC Theatre Department has you covered

For most of us, Halloween costume shopping is one of the more stressful occasions in our October to-do list. Luckily, the Theatre Department is hosting their annual costume sale on Wednesday October 21. Those who dream of fancy, well-made costumes that aren’t of typical fashion have reason to rejoice as this years costume lineup is sure not to disappoint.

It is recommended to arrive early as the event is run on a first come, first serve basis. Starting at midday and wrapping up around 3 p.m. at the Frederic Wood Theatre lobby, UBC Theatre are inviting students, staff and locals to browse the pieces. If you are a theatre fanatic who gawked at the Bacchae 2.1 costume set – rejoice – as these will be on sale.

Nicole Sekiya, communications controller at UBC Theatre said "unlike traditional Halloween costume stores, we feature one-of-a-kind pieces, created by your peers at a higher quality and lower cost than factory-made pieces.”

Purchasing a costume also supports the arts at UBC as the revenue of items sold hope to be used to purchase a new dress form for the costume shop. With a few exceptions, Nicole said, most items will be priced around $10.

Rumour has it that this may be the last sale of its sorts for the next couple years, so get down to the sale early to stock up on costumes for Halloween.