Cheap prices and student discounts

Free access to the Beaty Biodiversity Museum, Museum of Anthropology and the Nitobe Memorial Garden is only the beginning of the student deals on campus.

Sprouts Cafe

Run by a group of student volunteers, Sprouts in the Life Building basement offers freshly-cooked vegan and healthy meals. Sprouts is a non-profit, committed to ethics and affordability. Even better, they have a rotating menu, but you can always order their classics like the shepherd’s pie, stew and waffles. To help combat food insecurity, the cafe also serves 30 free meals a day that students can qualify for simply by grabbing a free meal card at the counter.

Agora Cafe

Another cafe staffed by student volunteers, Agora serves up vegan and vegetarian lunch items and baked goods such as frittatas, bagels and granola bars. They use local and organic ingredients and have a partnership with UBC Farm and Orchard Commons Garden. They are a non-profit. Sustainable, nutritious and affordable all in one located in the H.R. MacMillan Building basement!

Fooood & Fooood 2.0

THREE-DOLLAR LUNCHES. That’s right, and it’s daily Monday through Friday from September to April! Fooood in the Earth Sciences and Fooood 2.0 in the Woodward Instructional Resources Centre are operated by UBC Food Services and are subsidized by UBC. Their menu of pasta, chilli, curry and more is worth those $3!

Get Thrifty

This on-campus thrift and secondhand shop opened in 2020. They have everything in between $3 tanks and $16 jackets (including sweaters, pants, dresses, shoes, accessories, etc.). Dope pre-loved pieces for your new fire fit at low prices while reducing waste? It’s a win-win situation! Make sure to swing by the Life Building basement, you never know what you’ll find! You can also donate used clothes or books for store credit.

Arts Undergraduate Society (AUS) Purple Card

As its name suggests, current AUS members are eligible to apply for a free Purple Card. This physical card offers discounts to various places around Vancouver such as Peko Produce, Evo, The Princeton Review, Staples and Loafe Café. The registration survey opened from February until March this past year.

Science Undergraduate Society (SUS) Blue Card

The SUS also has its own discount program that science students qualify for. This free digital card offers savings on several businesses such as The Eatery, Kung Fu Tea, Koerner’s Pub, Gold’s Gym and The Prince- ton Review. They should be accepting applications on an ongoing basis.

CUSavings

This one’s for you Sauder students! The Commerce Undergraduate Society has partnered with Soft Peaks, Vessi, Uncle Fatih’s, Virtuous Pie and many more for this exclusive (free) discount program. Registration last year started in September during BizWeek when commerce students could receive their CUSavings sticker.