“In Photos” is designed to showcase the best work from our staff photographers, bringing strong images and visual journalism to our readers.

This week the photos section covered March On Vancouver, a successor to last year’s Womens’ March. More coverage of the march can be found here.

Opposition to US president and sexual predator Donald Trump was the catalyst for last year's march.
Opposition to US president and sexual predator Donald Trump was the catalyst for last year's march. Annie Rueter
Demonstrators at Jack Poole plaza spell out "WOMEN" with their umbrellas.
Demonstrators at Jack Poole plaza spell out "WOMEN" with their umbrellas. Annie Rueter
Union members from IATSE Local 891 brought flags and held prominent positions in the crowd to show their support.
Union members from IATSE Local 891 brought flags and held prominent positions in the crowd to show their support. Patrick Gillin
A year after the first women’s march, around 2,000 people arrived downtown this morning in a renewed show of support for women’s rights.
A year after the first women’s march, around 2,000 people arrived downtown this morning in a renewed show of support for women’s rights. Patrick Gillin
Even with the unfavourable weather conditions, there was a large turnout at this year's Women's March.
Even with the unfavourable weather conditions, there was a large turnout at this year's Women's March. Patrick Gillin
A group of marchers left Jack Poole Plaza around 11 a.m.
A group of marchers left Jack Poole Plaza around 11 a.m. Annie Rueter
Focused on intersectionality, Saturday's speakers included heavy representation from Black Lives Matter and First Nations groups.
Focused on intersectionality, Saturday's speakers included heavy representation from Black Lives Matter and First Nations groups. Patrick Gillin
The march's route took demonstrators by Trump Tower on Georgia Street.
The march's route took demonstrators by Trump Tower on Georgia Street. Zach Kourgialis
A Trump Tower patron argues with demonstrators.
A Trump Tower patron argues with demonstrators. Patrick Gillin
After shouting his support for Donald Trump at demonstrators, a man posed like Richard Nixon.
After shouting his support for Donald Trump at demonstrators, a man posed like Richard Nixon. Patrick Gillin
Chants of, “Hey hey, ho ho, Donald Trump has got to go” and honks in solidarity grew louder as the crowd marched past Trump Tower on West Georgia.
Chants of, “Hey hey, ho ho, Donald Trump has got to go” and honks in solidarity grew louder as the crowd marched past Trump Tower on West Georgia. Patrick Gillin
Trump Tower security stayed busy shooing raucous but peaceful demonstrators off the front steps of the building.
Trump Tower security stayed busy shooing raucous but peaceful demonstrators off the front steps of the building. Patrick Gillin
As the march passed by Trump Tower, quite a few expletive gestures were thrown at Trump Tower.
As the march passed by Trump Tower, quite a few expletive gestures were thrown at Trump Tower. Patrick Gillin
One of the ways in which march organizers wanted to differentiate this year's march from last year's was by promoting an intersectional approach.
One of the ways in which march organizers wanted to differentiate this year's march from last year's was by promoting an intersectional approach. Zach Kourgialis
More protestors decorated their umbrellas to keep the message going throughout the rain.
More protestors decorated their umbrellas to keep the message going throughout the rain. Annie Rueter
In keeping with the March's intersectional goals, there was a large Indigenous presence among the crowd and speakers.
In keeping with the March's intersectional goals, there was a large Indigenous presence among the crowd and speakers. Patrick Gillin
The “pink pussy“ hats worn during the Womens' March last year have been controversial with organizers and marchers in recent months but were still a common sight on Saturday.
The “pink pussy“ hats worn during the Womens' March last year have been controversial with organizers and marchers in recent months but were still a common sight on Saturday. Annie Rueter
The event also tapped into the momentum created by recent movements like Time’s Up, a movement against sexual harassment originally founded in 2006 but resurfaced in response to the Weinstein effect.
The event also tapped into the momentum created by recent movements like Time’s Up, a movement against sexual harassment originally founded in 2006 but resurfaced in response to the Weinstein effect. Annie Rueter
As a successor to the Womens' March opposition to the current US president was still a major theme.
As a successor to the Womens' March opposition to the current US president was still a major theme. Annie Rueter
A sign supporting #timesup on the corner of Bute and West Georgia, just one block from Trump Tower
A sign supporting #timesup on the corner of Bute and West Georgia, just one block from Trump Tower Annie Rueter
Prepared for the rain, many demonstrators wrote messages on their umbrellas. Here a woman displays a reference to the #MeToo movement in front of Trump Tower.
Prepared for the rain, many demonstrators wrote messages on their umbrellas. Here a woman displays a reference to the #MeToo movement in front of Trump Tower. Patrick Gillin