Just keep on zooming: Term two classes to be mostly online

Second term of the 2020/21 school year will be mostly online, President and Vice-Chancellor Santa Ono announced in a broadcast on Wednesday, September 2.

The broadcast states some programs will have face-to-face instruction, including programs in the health field such as medicine, nursing, dentistry and occupational therapy, the theatre and film program and the School of Music.

More updates will be provided by individual faculties as planning continues.

This announcement is in line with the university’s actions throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. Since March 17, 2020, most classes have shifted to online delivery, and will continue to do so throughout the next two terms.

Ono stressed the importance of adhering to public health requirements for the in-person elements of term two.

“We will continue to monitor public health guidance, consult with local public health authorities, and provide further updates as the situation evolves,” Ono wrote, adding that the university is working with the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills and Training and other post-secondary institutions to ensure the safety of people on campus.

“As we look to increase opportunities to provide more on-campus programming, it is vital that we maintain the commitments we have developed over the last few months, prioritizing the health and wellbeing of our students, faculty and staff,” Ono wrote.

►  Play video
Video