The Vancouver Warriors invites T-Birds to their College Night

National Lacrosse League team Vancouver Warriors are hosting College Night at Rogers Arena on Saturday, February 5 at 7 p.m. The Warriors will be going head-to-head against the Panther City Lacrosse Club in an action-packed night.

Warriors Chief Business Officer Colby Fackler said fans can expect a night full of excitement geared towards college students. “We've got some fun halftime activities … It's either going to be a tug of war between UBC and SFU or a giant beer pong game.”

UBC and several other local schools such as Simon Fraser University, Kwantlen Polytechnic University and Douglas College will have dedicated sections in the arena. This event is an opportunity for all students to experience sports at a professional level.

While there will be stands to purchase Warriors merchandise at the game, fans are also encouraged to come in school colours. Fackler, who is a UBC alumni, said, “if you’re UBC, wear your blue and gold for sure.”

Tickets prices will be starting at $25. A few other things fans can look forward to are food and drink specials, such as $5 beers, a live DJ and multiple giveaways throughout the night.

In order to ensure a safe experience, the Warriors will have several COVID-19 restrictions in place. As required by Rogers Arena, all audience members are required to show proof of vaccination upon entering the venue.

Keeping in line with BC health guidelines, the arena will be running at 50 per cent capacity. Attendees are required to keep a mask on at all times during the event unless actively eating or drinking.

"We are doing everything we can to create a balance of having a fun event and making sure everyone's feeling safe,” said Fackler.

BC is home to around 25 per cent of National Lacrosse League players Because of the sport’s popularity, the Warriors see the potential of building a loyal Vancouver fanbase.

Regardless, Fackler emphasized that Warriors games are for all audiences, lacrosse fans or otherwise. “We really try to sell the experience. It's a social experience.”

The Vancouver Warriors will be hosting six more home games this season.

Since prices are affordable, Fackler said, “college students are one of our core demographics.” Some other theme nights the team is planning for the remainder of the season include Swipe Right Night, Throwback Night and the crowd-favourite Country Night. 

“College Night is just a fun way to bring in a brand new crowd and hopefully they like it and come back again,” he said.

College Night tickets for the UBC section can be purchased here.