The Dish on B. Ball’s Secret Recipes

Chicken, protein powder and women’s rights collide in this collection of gain-getting recipes., Photograph by Shawty "With The" Hair

How do you serve up a breakfast that will keep her coming back? To be completely honest, I think we all know that regardless of what I make for breakfast, they always come back. I’m B. Ball, and I’m here for all my short kings in need of inspiration. Dribble in and join me for a day in my life (cooking edition).

I start my day at the ripe hour of 6 a.m., with a stretch and overwhelmingly deep and contemplative thoughts on how periods are real. Ladies, I would wish it away if I could.

B. BALL’S SIGNATURE RISE-AND-GRIND BREAKFAST OF (WOMEN’S RIGHTS) CHAMPIONS

Ingredients

1cup shortening
5/7tsp. flour
4eggs
2spoons cottage cheese
1extra large carton of eggs (all 24)
1spoon pesto
1avocado

Preparation

Step 1

Start with a couple spoons of cottage cheese. Then, take a carton of extra-large eggs and scramble those lil’ tarts.

Step 2

If I’m feeling fancy, I add a lil’ pesto and avocado. That’ll keep me full for a good hour or two — it’s hard being seven feet tall (when I feel like it).

B. BALL’S CHEEKY CHICKEN AND HUMMUS

Next, I bus to UBC and practice some basketball. After draining 16 consistent half-court shots and making ClikCloks with my bro — my ride or die — Chadam Ballsen, of course I get hungry again.

Let me introduce you to the love of my life. She is what dreams are made of. Things I love in this life: basketball, feminism, Chadam, my mom and this gorgeous hummus and rotisserie chicken combo. This may be a little underground and weird, but I need you to go to the grocery store and grab three things right now.

Ingredients

1truffle hummus
1pita
1whole rotisserie chicken

Preparation

Step 1

Okay, this is about to get wild, but trust me, baby, I’ll talk you through it. I eat the rotisserie chicken, take her apart with my fingers piece by piece. Every couple of pieces I dip my pita bread in the truffle hummus. It’s heaven in my mouth. I normally eat the whole rotisserie chicken, trying to intake as much protein as I can each day. You know how it is. But after that divine snack, I’m unfortunately still hungry. I find myself in front of this place called Flunkin’ Cronuts. I feel it call to me — did I mention I’m a seven-foot-tall basketball player (feminist) (humble)? I think this will be like a cool, healthy place for basketballers like me, but then I see the calories on her, and damn… So I skip that and go to the weight room instead. On the way, I’m stopped by a couple of girls and since I respect them too much to say no, I sign a couple autographs and get a couple numbers. I’m quite the campus celebrity; Segway Tom is my biggest competition, he almost gets as many girls as me. Almost.

B. BALL’S HIT-THAT (PR) PROTEIN SHAKE

Ingredients

1banana
1kale
1spinach
1broccoli
1raw egg
1whole carton of milk
1peanut butter
1protein powder

Preparation

Step 1

Take a banana, smash her, then move on to the next.

Step 2

Add kale, spinach, protein powder, broccoli, raw eggs, a whole carton of milk and peanut butter.

Step 3

Blend. I make enough for, like, three liters, I know, not nearly enough, but don’t worry. After my workout, I stop at Ice JJ Bream to grab a cranberry muffin. I actually got it for free today — the cashier was feeling kind, I suppose. Even left her number.

B. BALL’S THICK THIGHS SAVE LIVES STIR-FRY CHICKEN

Ingredients

6chicken thighs
4cups broccoli
1cup rice
0seasoning

Preparation

Step 1

Toss it in a pan, let it get steamy. You know what it do, baby girl.

Finally, I had rotisserie chicken and truffle hummus for a lil’ dessert. I made some more ClikCloks, snapped a couple of girls (streaks don’t keep themselves) and went to bed (without you, I know — don’t worry, there’s always tomorrow night). Life is good.

I am especially thankful to my blonde fans. I love you, ladies.

Yours,

Bill Ballace