Mateusz Miadlikowski re-elected for second term as VP Finance

Mateusz Miadlikowski will be returning for a second term as VP finance.

“It was great," said Miadlikowski about the environment of the night. "I was really stressed, the adrenaline was pumping but I won.”

Will Pigott, who had lost to Miadlikowski in the race, still joined in the celebrations, clapping for the victory of his opponent.

“Going into this I wasn’t expecting to win,” said Pigott. “I just wanted to put up a fight and ask some questions, talking to Mat I learned nothing is personal.”

Pigott feels as though the debates helped bring up new topics about the role of VP finance. Despite his loss, Pigott feels confident in Miadlikowski’s ability to continue his position.

“I feel like Mat will do a good job next year, I’m excited for the new AMS, excited to see if they finish the new SUB,” said Pigott. “Mat will have a lot more time to accomplish a lot more actual projects.”

With regards to his plans for next year, Pigott mentioned that he would be graduating after completing his final class in November.

Though his presence was less visible in posters or even a Facebook event page, Miadlikowski believes that his planning and performance during the two debates helped him beat Pigott in the election.

“I would like to thank Will for being so driven and having some disagreements on a couple of issues,” said Miadlikowski.

The credit for his victory belongs to the voters that kept him in office.

“I would like to thank all the people that voted in the election and for putting faith in my campaign and personhood,” said Miadlikowski.

However, Pigott was disappointed with the voter turnout and said that he hopes students will remain critical of the election process in general.

“Hopefully more people are involved next year and we have a more outgoing and exciting AMS to get students going,” said Pigott.

Miadlikowkski, however, is satisfied with the results of the race.

"I think I did well, I won," said Miadlikowski.