Finals​ ​and​ ​chill with these mindless TV shows

Do you find yourself constantly falling asleep while studying? Do you want that studying-with-friends feeling, without the distraction of actually having to have tangent conversations?

Then look no further because these TV shows are for you. You get the background noise, some mindless distractions and a couple laughs, all with the comfort of sitting at your own desk — or as comfortable as one can get while sitting at a desk.

That’s right, no going outside in the unbearable wind and the unnerving cold weather just to face the library where seats are scarce and uncomfortable. Turn your flipped umbrella into a cozy blanket and you can study from the armchair you love so much that it’s parked right in front of your TV. Comfortable, yes — efficient, debatable.

Friends

Why go out with friends and study when you could have ten seasons right at your fingertips?

Follow the iconic six friends in their New York City adventures — have coffee with them, sing about smelly cats and criticize Ross’ one too many marriages.

The​ ​Office​ ​(US​ ​Version)

This lovable ensemble cast show us what kind of jobs most of us are going to get after university — or the kind we hope never to have.

The humour will keep you up throughout the entire night and (*spoiler*) Pam and Jim are a pretty cute couple. Get your fill of Michael’s “that's what she said” jokes, but never repeat them in public.

That​ ​70s​ ​Show

Studying history from the 70s < watching history from the 70s.

You know you agree with the above statement — so open up your laptop to this show set in rural Wisconsin, depicting a suburban family in their everyday life and everything that comes with that.

To follow with the cute couple theme, Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher (a.k.a Jackie and Kelso) met on this show, had their first kiss and now they’re married and if that isn’t true love I don’t know what is.

Brooklyn​ ​Nine-Nine

If you’re studying all night, crying from all of the material you don’t think you’ll remember, turn to Netflix and get a good laugh with Jake Peralta and Ray Holt.

With a bunch of one-liners from the witty characters and ridiculous plotlines, this show will keep you awake all night when you really should be catching the z’s you need to refuel for tomorrow’s studying.

Gilmore​ ​Girls

A mother and a daughter, teaching you valuable life lessons. What more do you need to learn? Probably, the material for your finals, but realistically, if Luke and Lorelai actually end up together.

Arrested​ ​Development

I’ve honestly never watched this one, but I’ve heard that it’s pretty great with a lot of humour.

So why don’t you watch it — while studying — and tell me how it goes?

Any​ ​show​ ​in​ ​any​ ​foreign​ ​language​ ​that​ ​you​ ​don’t​ ​speak

Do you want the background noise, but don’t want to understand what they’re saying? It’s like getting a coffee shop feel, but without the distraction. Just dont turn on the subtitles or you’re really just playing yourself.

Turn on any show in a language you don’t understand and BAM. You’re in for a good night of studying.