Best cafes on campus

Blue Chip Cafe

If your friends say they know a spot, this better
be it. From its delicious Java Nut and Chunky cookies to the classic Marbelous cookie, Blue Chip Cafe’s unparalleled quality of cookies cements it as a campus gem. It also offers Spirit Bear coffee (an Indigenous-owned roastery), buttery bagels and a great iced mocha. When you leave this cafe, the only chip on your shoulder will be from the cookies!

Great Dane Coffee

Home to the Jeremy — one of the most popular sandwiches on campus — and delicious espressos, Great Dane Coffee is a popular spot for the UBC community. With arguably the best focaccia bread on campus, gluten-free pastries and delectable cheddar chive scones, it is one of the must-visit cafes on campus. Drop by for small snacks and big satisfaction!

JJ Bean Coffee Roasters

Looking for a great spot for a quick bite and conversations? Look no further than JJ Bean. A bonus: the huge, crunchy muffins. This is in addition to delicious croissants, smooth lattes and flavourful London Fogs. Talk about options! If that wasn’t enough, JJ Bean has plenty of seating. With both a patio and seating upstairs, it’s a great retreat from the daily campus bustle.

Bean Around the World

Bean Around the World is tucked away on the south end of Main Mall. Popular orders include the Italian deli sandwich and the turkey sandwich — try one or both of these when you visit! The cafe is also sandwiched (pun intended) between beautiful gardens. Needless to say, Bean Around the World has great vibes. It also has great matcha and London Fog lattes! Plus, the ample space and seating also make it a worthy contender for your list of casual study spots.

The Original Beanery

Nothing beats the original, right? Wisely, there are no contenders for what The Original Beanery offers: a great study hall-type setting, reasonable prices for small bites and an absolutely fantastic coffee milkshake. Tucked in Fairview Crescent, it’s a quiet place. Think light colours and wooden furniture akin to those in RPG taverns. That image plus the cozy, relaxed atmosphere makes this cafe well worth experiencing. Everyone needs a taste of The Original.