Please help the poor, poor apple festival get rid of over 3,500 pounds of apples

The UBC Apple Festival was this weekend with over 30,000 lbs of apples to sell, they have found themselves left over with around 3,500 that they need to get rid off.

This week you can buy as many apples as you could possibly eat, as the UBC Botanical Garden's Shop in the Garden will be selling 3 lb bags of both conventionally grown and organic apples at $7 and $8 respectively. Their will be a huge about of cooking and desert apples including, say it with me: Ambrosia! Salish! Other ones!

For all you appleheads out there, you can even buy a 40 lb bag of conventionally grown apples for $70 or 36 lbs of organic apples for $80.

If you've been planning a get-together with over 20 or 30 of your closest apple-freak friends, this is the moment you've been waiting for. If you're more into cooked apples (for some sick reason), they will also be selling apple pies for $26.

They'll be accepting all major modes of paying for things (credit cards, cash, debit).

If you'll accept a some back-of-the-envelope math, the average apple weighs about a third of a pound. So, if you multiply 3,500 by 3, we're looking at a rough Ubyssey estimate of 10,500 individual apples up for grabs.

So, if you're someone who needs a lot of apples fast, act now because they'll only be selling them from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day this week while supplies last.