Live out your European holiday fantasy at the Vancouver Christmas Market

The Vancouver Christmas Market is back at Jack Poole Plaza until December 24 with extended hours from 11:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. Inspired by the the German tradition of Christkindlmarkts, the market creates a welcoming European Christmas village environment that is a feast for all the senses. There will be over 80 huts selling a variety of handcrafted Christmas gifts ranging from glass ornaments to artisanal soap, and food that will leave your mouth watering. The house favourite is Glühwein a traditional type of mulled wine, but there are also selected German and Austrian beers and sweet and savoury treats for all tastes.

The market also features a carousel, a walk-in Christmas tree, nightly entertainment from atop the Christmas Pyramid and a gorgeous Winterdeck for everyone’s enjoyment. The carousel functions daily for $3 a ride or $10 for a day pass for adults and children alike. If looking for something more mature, there is always the Wunderbar where you can enjoy festive cocktails and holiday bites. However, the Wunderbar has limited capacity and works through reservation, so book your seat early to be sure to enjoy a free cocktail drink, a charcuterie board or German dessert and a Souvenir Christmas Market Mug all included in the separate entrance fee.

For those in love, take a moment in the Lover’s Lane and Love Lock Installation where you can take your own lock or buy one on the spot. And more importantly, for those in love with food, on December 4 venues will be selling smaller portions at smaller prices of all the regular delicacies giving you a chance to try everything without exploding.

The entrance fee is $12 dollars at the door or $10 online. With an extra dollar it is possible to purchase a season pass, or with five extra dollars to purchase a non-transferable Fast-Pass for the entrance and carrousel.