Where to grab a beer for Oktoberfest tomorrow

It’s that time of year again! The leaves are changing, there are no seats in IKB and it’s about to rain for the next six months. If you’re feeling withdrawal from first week’s parties and looking for an excuse to get drunk in October, look no further than the legendary German tradition of Oktoberfest. Take it from me — a close relative of real Germans. Here is your guide to celebrating the glorious holiday at UBC.

Koerner’s Pub

This event organized by The Calendar promises an authentic German biergarten experience at Koerner’s pub with Bavarian music, lederhosen, pretzels and cheap beer steins. Doors open at 5 p.m., so get there early to grab seats and avoid paying more at the door. The event is 19+ and GA tickets are $10.

Mahony & Sons

So, it’s Irish. But Mahony’s has a large beer selection including Germany’s favourite beer — Schofferhofer. Pretend the chicken fingers are schnitzel and you’ve basically got Oktoberfest. Mahony’s is also all-ages, so invite your first-year friends to live vicariously.

BierCraft at UBC

Located in Wesbrook Village, this pub boasts an extensive beer list with more than a few German beers. The main dishes are pricey, so grab a few friends to share with, order the Erdinger Weisse on tap and split the fries to bring in Oktober.